Posted on 26 Apr, 2019
7 Tips on Decorating Your Indoor Space with Persian Rugs
An antique rug can bring drastic changes to an indoor space. Persian rugs
are for decoration and as far as London is concerned, their demand is steadily rising even in this time and age. These items are available in large varieties based on colour and design. Thus, choosing the right item to deck up your space often proves to be confusing.Within this article, we will discuss some tips on how to zero in upon the right rug for your interiors.
Tips to choose the right oriental rugs
- As the most basic thing, you must consider the aspect of physical dimension. Measure the length and the width of the room. Make sure your rug doesn’t cover up the entire space inch for inch. Rather, it should be at least 2 to 3 feet smaller than the measured dimensions. This will make the entire space appear more open as well as balanced.
- Go for the contrast. If your wallpaper is rich in pattern, choose a simple rug. If the wallpaper is simple, choose a rug rich in design. This contrast makes your room more appealing.
- These days, there are rugs made of synthetic fibres available on the market. But the traditional variety made of natural fibres, either silk or wool, is obviously the smarter choice for various reasons. The manager of a renowned store for oriental carpets in London says that synthetic fibre rugs don’t last long; whereas rugs made from natural fibres are not only long-lasting but they also turn more vibrant and appealing with age.
- It is a good idea to use furniture coasters to distribute the weight of heavy furniture, if you place them on your rug. This way, you will prevent crushing of the carpet under the weight of heavy furniture.
- While decorating kitchens and bathrooms, it is better to choose rugs that are rectangular in shape. Rectangular rugs create a visual path, which makes sense in such places.
- In sitting areas, the front two legs of your sofa must be on the rug. This creates a sense of harmony in your room and makes it look as if the sofa is anchored on the rug.
- The Persian rugs can also be used as wall hanging. This is a great way to make the walls appealing and your room cosier. Moreover, the rug also prevents noise from flowing through thinner walls.
Remember the tips discussed above every time while choosing Oriental rugs. There’re many reliable retailers in London where you can buy these antique rugs
. Most of these businesses offer seasonal bargains. You can grab such offers to get superior products at a reasonable price.